VivoCity Receives Corporate Award from Social Enterprise Association
20 December 2011, Singapore – VivoCity is proud to announce its receipt of the Corporate Award from Social Enterprise Association on 9 December 2011. This is in recognition of their support towards Pop and Talent Hub (PaTH) Market, which is organised by Social Innovation Park (SIP).
PaTH Market is a bi-monthly fair held at VivoCity on every first and last weekend of the month. Through PaTH Market which started at VivoCity since 2007, many budding entrepreneurs from the traditionally marginalised groups have had the opportunity to showcase and retail their products, which are largely hand-made. This is also in line with SIP's objective of promoting social entrepreneurship by developing creative talents and providing them with opportunities to engage in their own sustainable business ventures.
Said Mr Chang Yeng Cheong, General Manager of VivoCity, “We believe in building the entrepreneurial spirit of Singaporeans, and we are fortunate to be able to support Social Innovation Park?s PaTH Market project. Moreover, by having them at VivoCity, we are able to provide our shoppers a more vibrant shopping mix and refreshing shopping experiences whenever they visit the mall.”
Over the years, VivoCity has placed strong emphasis on its corporate social responsibility efforts and has leveraged on its standing as Singapore?s largest retail and lifestyle destination. It has offered its space for awareness building and fundraising campaigns which include events such as:
- Build Me a Road Photography Exhibition which raised funds to help build a road for easy transportation to the city in Cambodia Cham Resh Village and a water well that provides potable water (4 – 6 June 2011).
- Hair for Hope event by Children„s Cancer Foundation, an event that raise funds for children with cancer and their families. It also raises awareness of childhood cancer among the general public (23 & 24 July 2011).
- BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken Charity event – Hope in a Bottle a project where product bottles were collected from the public for use as raw materials for building the base of homes for the needy in Thailand (7 & 8 August 2011).
- Before We Forget Photography Exhibition aimed to raise awareness and educate the public about dementia (30 August – 6 September 2011).
- Elephant Parade Singapore 2011, an open-air art exhibition dedicated to saving the endangered Asian Elephant (11 November 2011 – 6 January 2012).
As we move forward, VivoCity will continue to play an active role in promoting social enterprises and support worthy causes in the years to come.
With over 1 million square feet of lettable floor space attracting a diverse mix of over 300 retailers, large event spaces, including an outdoor amphitheatre, a 20,000sf open plaza and a 300metre-long waterfront Promenade, VivoCity is Singapore's largest and most diverse retail and lifestyle destination. Designed by world-renowned architect Toyo Ito, VivoCity is the centre-piece of Singapore's newest lifestyle hub at the HarbourFront, which also includes Sentosa and Resorts World Sentosa, Mt Faber, the Singapore Cruise Centre and St James Power Station. VivoCity is a Mapletree Commercial Trust property.
About Mapletree Commercial Trust
Mapletree Commercial Trust (MCT) is a Singapore-focused REIT that invests on a long-term basis, directly or indirectly, in a diversified portfolio of income-producing real estate used primarily for office and/or retail purposes, whether wholly or partially, in Singapore, as well as real estate related assets.
MCT is managed by Mapletree Commercial Trust Management Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd. The key financial objectives of the Manager are to provide Unitholders of MCT with an attractive rate of return on their investment through regular and stable distributions and to achieve long-term growth in Distribution Per Unit and net asset value per Unit, while maintaining an appropriate capital structure for MCT.